CLINIC OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASES
The history of the Severance Clinic dates back to 1884.
In 1884, for the first time in Korea, a medical institution of the western model “Kwangheavon” was opened, which was later converted to “Chechzhungvon”, and then to the clinic “Severance”.
A major contribution to the creation of the clinic was made by American philanthropist Lewis H. Severance. The Severance Clinic was created during the Joseon period, when medicine was in great decline.
Charity and medicine are the two main values that underpinned the idea of its creation. Despite the differences in religion that existed at that time in Korea, the clinic opened its doors to all patients who need medical help. And now, for 129 years, guided by the idea of placing the highest value on human life, the Severance clinic has always been a leader in medicine.
The activities of medical personnel, equipped with the most advanced equipment, conducting research and development studies are all aimed at preserving the health and lives of people suffering from heart disease.
The main reason for creating a highly specialized medical institution was the ardent desire to help suffering patients. All employees of the center: not only doctors, but also administrative personnel, make efforts and do everything they can for patients seeking help.
Cardiac Center Severance has always been and remains the first in its field.
Cardiology Center Severance is Korea’s first and only medical institution specializing in the treatment of cardiovascular diseases, where heart surgery was first performed.